View Single Post
      06-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #18
fe1rx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 328i, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Kline Racing View Post
Final Note: It would be truly helpful if all of the participants on the forums and chat rooms had to a résumé attached to their comments, because there is a tremendous amount of misinformation out there. However well-intentioned these people may be, if the knowledge and experiences aren't there, the suggestions offered and products endorsed are based on their personal experience, which many times does not represent the best advice.
I was at the local BMW dealership today picking up some parts and there was a new 335i outside waiting for delivery. It was all tarted up with "M Performance" stuff. In fact "M Performance" was proudly emblazoned on the side skirts. I have been wondering if maybe "performance" doesn't translate from the German, but seeing that car there I finally realized that when BMW says "performance", they mean it in the sense of a theatrical performance.

Similarly, the word "upgrade" has lost its traditional meaning and now simply means "change" and one is wise to suspect that the established wisdom is merely a lie told often enough.

The challenge is to find advice from like-minded individuals, whether it be fashion advice for your boulevard posing, or advice that will measurably improve (lap) time, speed or acceleration (in all directions). If the latter, competition certainly improves the breed (and of course TC Kline has appropriate credentials). And as for the driver, here is a cynical view a "friend" sent me. It should offend just about everyone!

Name:  motorsports.jpg
Views: 3356
Size:  250.1 KB
Appreciate 2
Bimmer TV125.00
AndyW672.00