View Single Post
      11-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #9
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5isalive View Post
How functional/safe is this bar? will it support a roll over or is it just a harness bar....

My main fear is, i get Recaro Pole Position sears, harness', and this bar.....roll the car, and snap my neck cause i roll over and the roof collapes on my head and my harness' won't allow my body to fall forward... Hows that for a vivid image? haha
hard to tell how functional it is without seeing how it mounts to the chassis. It looks to be designed as an actual roll bar, not just a harness bar. So it will offer you some rollover protection. From what their pictures how it looks like a well made setup, just would like to see how it's tied into the car.

Here's my cage built by Louie of LCON Fab.

As you can see the bars are welded into the frame rails of the car. Notice how it sits on 1/4" thick baseplates that are welded onto the chassis, then the tube is welded onto that plate. This spreads the load in the event of an impact.

And here's a good shot on how it is tied into the floor. Again notice how the boxes on the floor give the structure lots of surface area. If you don't have baseplates or boxes the tubes will literally punch a hole through the relatively thin floorpan.
Appreciate 0