View Single Post
      02-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #8
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
I use the Apex wheels and am on 275's in front and 255's in back. With camber plates and KWv2's, the car is a traction beast!

Details:

Rear 275's: I did have to roll the fenders, and raise my coilovers a bit to get the clearance. With Dunlop Star spec 275's on Apex wheels, they will also rub on the inside BIG TIME. I gad to put 5mm spacers on the back to keep them from rubbing.
You're car was set way too low which was discussed in your thread related to your rubbing issue. You are the only one running 275 star specs that had this issue. Too much extra negative rear camber and setting like that can also easily cause inside rubbing issues with wide rubber.

I don't want to hijack this thread, as it's already been covered before. I just wanted to disclose in this thread that you were the only one with this issue, so that others do not think they also need fender rolling and a spacer to make that tire fit on that wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basheezy View Post
I have 265 star specs on the rears on stock suspension and wheels. I only rub when the car is full of people and junk. Also only on dips in the road and not potholes.
The only issue with running 265's on the stock rears besides the rubbing, is that 265's were not meant to be run on 8.5" wheels, so you're pulling the corners of the thread up off the ground, effectively making the tire narrower, and the bulging sidewalls allow for a lot of flex. I would not be surprised to see GPS data show that 255 rears in the same tire compound would turn a faster lap because it is better sized for that wheel.