02-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpro21 View Post
You're car was set way too low which was discussed in your thread related to your rubbing issue. You are the only one running 275 star specs that had this issue. Too much extra negative rear camber and setting like that can also easily cause inside rubbing issues with wide rubber.

I don't want to hijack this thread, as it's already been covered before. I just wanted to disclose in this thread that you were the only one with this issue, so that others do not think they also need fender rolling and a spacer to make that tire fit on that wheel.

The only issue with running 265's on the stock rears besides the rubbing, is that 265's were not meant to be run on 8.5" wheels, so you're pulling the corners of the thread up off the ground, effectively making the tire narrower, and the bulging sidewalls allow for a lot of flex. I would not be surprised to see GPS data show that 255 rears in the same tire compound would turn a faster lap because it is better sized for that wheel.
That is very true and I definitely should have mentioned that!

I did raise the rear up about 1"-1.5" after discovering the rubbing. So, I should have clarified... if you're on coilovers and want to run 275's on Apex's in the rear- it's best to be near or at the stock ride height in the rear.
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0