View Single Post
      04-20-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
Sorry to hijack, but I want to know about your tires and harness. In return, I'll tell you about my CP-E intercooler/oil cooler and Dinan tune.

With stock coolant, I've never seen oil temps higher than 255 or water temps higher than 215 even on track days with ambient temps over 100f. This year, I'm using 70/30 water plus Water Wetter just in case.

I still do get an occasional 1 minute limp mode from the stupid "brakes overheating" thing. It happens about one out of every four track days. When it does happen, I just have to pull into the paddock, shut down and restart for it to go away.

My tune is Dinan stage 2, which supposedly has the water pump remapping, but it's also a moderate tune, like running other tunes on their map 1. I usually mix in about one-fourth or one-third race gas especially on hot days because Dinan makes a big deal about recommending it.

So what size NT01? Is it 275/35 on ARC-8s in back? That's what I'm considering. But I've seen posts about them rubbing against the chassis at the front of the wheel well.

Also, which Schroth harness and how is it installed? Thanks.
Appreciate 0