View Single Post
      10-23-2017, 05:47 PM   #5276
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
^Matticus91, the car looks amazing, and now sounds amazing! I wanted to do that to my 128, but I was fearful of the cutout motors breaking (I've read about a reputation). I want to do noweeds exhaust diverters, having one side go through the stock muff/res, and then the other side a straight pipe bypassing the muff and res, to exit out the other side of the rear bumper, in a quad tailpipe setup. I could open 'er up for backroad blasting, track driving, and car meets, and then close it on the highway, through neighborhoods, and near cops!

Things I did to my car today/this past weekend...
This weekend, I rebuilt the parking brake. I have a newfound appreciation for disc brakes.
Today, I re-adjusted it because I bedded-in the shoes, and therefore made it completely useless.
I also scientifically measured the noise that has been driving me CRAZY for the past 3+ months, in 5th gear at 2000 rpm the cabin is dominated by a ~30Hz tone, at 2500 it's a ~40Hz tone, at 3000 it's a ~50Hz tone. This means it is something to do with the driveshaft, as the frequency coincides with what I calculated a driveshaft-based noise would be. I checked, there is no noise when I spin the driveshaft while under the car, and the guibo looks in tip-top shape. It could be the center bearing, as I have read that they tend to fail. But, I didn't feel like pulling everything, when it could just be my tires, which have been chewed up by HPDE weekends this year. This noise has made an enemy of me... I shall (eventually) be victorious!
I'm looking forward to NASA's Fall Finale at Summit Point on November 11-12, 2017. Driving in HPDE2 this time, with much more camber, no blown shocks, and big brakes.
The fun is unending...
Matticus913474.50