View Single Post
      10-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #16
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Other manufacturers have caught up significantly to the quality of BMW over the years, and keep in mind in the UK there are ridiculous taxes on automobiles.

The issue is BMW acts like it is higher quality than it is in it's lower end models, to "fit" that image it has ballooned it's entry level cars more and more like the 335i which starts at 41k.

The 135i is not really a BMW as it should be known, it's not a 6 series or a M5, it's a chop shop of a 3 year old model, that's been in concept since like 2001. Don't get me wrong, it's great especially with proceed...

It's not a BMW though, it's almost like an entry level car that just happens to be made by BMW and should be treated as such. Americans like performance yes, but we have it in such droves that it makes us cocky about the fact. 400hp Holden Monearos with that trick suspension setup sell for £11k here.

Also the 135 if you scale European pricing to the USA which the other models in the BMW line up deviate very slimly from that equation, the 135i comes in at $33,400. Everyone knows that BMW is a bit of an unstable manufacturer what with the great, but unnecessarily bloated release of the new 3 series coupes, so we're hoping the 135 will go for $32,500 but no one can tell, so speculation arises and all this.

I'm sorry that you're offended at the American car market, but again allow me to reiterate, Holden Monearo, £11k.
Appreciate 0