View Single Post
      09-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
IGoFast1589
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

End links won't stay tight...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ensure the sway bar end links stay tight? I just recently completed a bunch of suspension/driveline modifications including a Wavetrac LSD, E93 M3 sways front and rear, Dinan camber plates in the front, Powerflex rear subframe inserts and Meyle HD front sway bar end links and the only issue I am running into is the damn links won't stay tight. On all 4 corners the links keep backing themselves out of the nut and then they end up clunking over bumps. The only thing I can think of now is intentionally overtoruqeing them and using loctite because torqueing them to spec isn't working... Maybe using a locking nut instead would work?

A friend of mine put 2 nuts on the back end of his end links on his STi because they kept coming loose as well, but I don't think we can do that with how long the end link bolts are on our cars.

This is not a matter of using factory or aftermarket end links either because both the Meyle's in the front and the stockers in the back won't stay tight. They loosen themselves up after a day or so...
Appreciate 0