View Single Post
      06-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #20
normcaldwell
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Audi S3

Thanks for posting up the comparison images.

I've always thought the 1-series body style to look a bit stubby. The 1M body design improves the many of the features that contributed to the stubby look.
What I still don't like about the 1M body design (1-Series as well) is the droop along the lower portion of the sides. I think if that line was straight, I'd stop thinking stubby.
I like the 1M body design much more than the regular 1-Series.

The E92 body style is growing on me a bit. I still don't like the E9x interior design, and probably never will.

Both of these cars are very good looking; oh, and performing!
The significant paradigm shift for me is the transition from naturally aspirated to turbo-charged force induction powerplants. Two very different driving experiences to me. I understand the market/government/environmental forces that are driving the shift.

At this point in time, I still like the ///M naturally aspirated experience best.
However, I will admit that forced induction push is addictive. I will also say that there will be more to go awry with forced induction engines in the long run.

I look forward to reading about the next generation of ///M cars (not the SUVs, but the Coupes!).
Appreciate 0