12-06-2011, 03:31 AM   #134
Imo135
I dont drive fast,I just fly low....
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
This is NOT true!

I have a flash tune and a BT scan tool. There are never any tuner codes thrown nor even a CEL or SES light w/my tune. A flash tune simple WORKS. Someone who is running apiggy tune can not say the same.

I think this whole topic that BMW can tell whether you have a tune or not is all total BS. Even with a piggy back tune - BMW can tell. Someone here posted a pdf from BMW NA showing thier techs how to recognize the tell tale evidence when the ECU box has been messed with. Broken clips and dust and strange wires.

I want someone to post some evidence that BMW can find a tune. I really doubt they can. Not enless they call in a special engineer to look into your DME/ECU.
So if the fault codes are cleared we should be ok...

I wouldnt want to be the one to be a guinny pig to see if bmw can really do what they say. My dealer indicated that in the past 3months they have cancelled 3 n54 warrantees as they found a tune on the car.

I have bought a BT tool, and I want a flash, but when i take the car in I will remove the flash and clear all codes, i hope i will be in the clear after that. However someone mentioned that the ecu has a flash counetr on which indicates how many times the car has been flashed... is that a tell tale sign???
Appreciate 0