View Single Post
      07-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #57
aeronautics
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 135is 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Ya, we got evidence recently with both pictures of one our 135is cars going through its transformation at the VDC in April as well as conversations with the techs there. We're not 100% sure on the mirrors, but pretty sure it comes with just the black mirrors and 313 rims on it from Germany (looking exactly like that canadian version I assume).

Then, they do the software upgrade and install the other mechanical parts of the PPK 2 (auxiliary radiator, etc.). But, what was surprising and seemingly very wasteful is they do appear to arrive with the standard exhaust on, which is then taken off and the PE is installed. I have no idea what they do with the perfectly good standard exhaust. We saw a picture though of a forum member's 135is being worked on and it had the 313 wheel off seemingly for the PPK 2 radiator install in front of the driver's side wheel well, and the car still had the black-tipped stock exhaust on it in the picture.

Hope that helps.
That helps, but I still can't accept the fact that BMW would waste new exhausts. Not a really good business move!

Could it be that the car leaves with the PE and only the chrome-plated tips are added in the U.S.?!!!
Appreciate 0