View Single Post
      07-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
dna550
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Dave,

Once BMW North America and BMW AG get the 135i setup in their computerized order system, your dealer will be able to build the car to your specification, with the limitation that you can only order what is available for the North American market.

BMW will likely ship a couple of cars to each dealer early on so that demonstrators are available, these could be available in late 2007. Some dealers might be tempted to sell either of these two cars to customers.

The dealer will get an allocation of 135i's and they will configure them fully equipped, if they do not have firm customer orders. So customer ordered cars and dealer ordered cars will arrive on the same early shipments based on what customer ordered cars were in the system by the cutoff date for builds designated for the first shipments to North America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkl2001 View Post
How does the ordering process work? I have my mind set on a few different colors, but do I get to pick since this is the first shipment? Do they just send what they feel like sending and dealers sell what they receive? Somebody school me up on this!!

Dave
Appreciate 0