View Single Post
      03-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
AshOz125i
Private
Rep
Drives: Sedona Red 1er

I picked up some of the nulon ezi glide silicone lubricant yesterday. if anyone is interested i had some success reducing the plastic squeak from the following:

- passenger side air vent, sprayed around the edges which has reduced the creak quite alot. Could use a little more though.

- center of dash trim section, removed the fake wood trim then cleaned down with this http://www.meguiars.com.au/products/car-care/glass-clear-plastic-and-exterior-trim/ultimate-protectant/ then loosened dash screws and sprayed the lubricant into the holes. Some success again as most ppl know the squeaks are had to get to without a complete dash removal however pretty happy with the results.

- a pillar, re applied some flock/fabric dots with adhesive on one side with moderate success. This is an ongoing issue which is going to take some trial and error

As this was my first attempt with the spray I was very cautious with how much I used. However I think its quite safe so I might continue to add more to see if the results are better. I went with the spray on, wait a few seconds then wipe off approach but I think next time I will let it sit for a little longer and let it soak into the plastics a little longer. No staining of anything either which is a plus.
Appreciate 0