06-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
Wow, you sold your car? What did you replace it with?
I bought the soccer dad special. 2003 330i ZHP 6 MT. Mystic Blue / Alcantara. Flew to Rhode Island last week and drove it back to San Diego. Not quite as special as 1M but I feel the e46 Zhp is a really cool daily driver. I still have a spot for a 1M or M2. But right now I have a couple of young soccer stars to focus on! : )

I miss the 1M but its not all bad. I can actually go a week without stopping for gas, no one is trying to race me, I can park it wherever without worry and not having a car payment takes the edge off. One thing I have rediscovered is throttle response. While you don't need diaper changed after driving the old E46, the throttle response when you are in the power band is thrilling. Where the skill in driving the one was managing torque and wheel spin, you can freely wind out the ZHP and it rewards you with instant throttle response. It actually "hits" you into the seat if you mash the throttle with a sort of "thunk" then I builds power progressively. Very different from the 1M but so far it does a great job at being fun and practical. I will be back one day though!!!
Appreciate 0