View Single Post
      04-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
itr-tribute
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

"Radial Pull" issues.

Hello all,
I just bought a new set of tires and have had nothing but issues with a constant pull while driving. I am completely out of ideas and was wondering if anyone has any insight or has experienced the same problem.

What has been done so far:

Purchased a set of Dunlop DIrezza sport Z1 Star Spec from Tirerack (225-40-18 F 255-35-18 R) and had them mounted and balanced by Discount Tire

Car now has a pull to the right. I don’t think anything of it because it still needs an alignment

Take it to BMW North Scottsdale and have the alignment done. – Still pulls to the right. Take it back thinking they f’ed it up. My maintenance advisor sent it back and confirmed the alignment was 100%. They took the liberty of switching the front wheels around (Z1’s are rotational so they are running backward at this point) and they claimed the pull went away, diagnosing it as a “radial pull”.

Had tires switched back to correct rotation.

Okay, Tirerack was very helpful and sent a new tire no problem. Discount tire recommends trying the right first as that is the direction it is pulling – No Change
Put the tire that was on the right on the left – No Change

WTF!

Called BMW back and told them about the new tire and they still insist it is a radial pull.

My observations that may OR may not have anything to do with the issue:

The rim that was on the front right is now mounted on the front left and vice versa… I did not think this should matter though.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Itr-tribute
Appreciate 0