View Single Post
      08-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
oldman
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 135i AW Coupe

OT Budget Direct suck

I have my BMW 135i and a Hyundai Getz with Budget Direct. The Getz is in my wife's name and I have full comprehensive on both cars.

My daughter borrowed the Getz was involved in a rear ender in Sydney (she was in the middle) so we put a no fault claim in to Budget Direct to have her car repaired.

After several different requests for information from us including the owners licence and drivers licence images (front and rear), then a few days later, a request now for 5 year driving records for the owner and driver at the time (costs $20 off the RTA site), buts cheques were sent out to cover this cost.

Then yet a few more days later, a form to draw and describe the accident.

All were complied with promptly, then today I get a call saying the insurance has been denied because my daughter living with us was not actually listed on the policy document.

I said, you have to be kidding, this is a not at fault claim. Obviously, no was the reply. I was gob smacked. It's not even a claim for them to cover the damage as the other party has already made a claim against their insurer (AAMI) and admitted liability.

The girl said I can now take it up with their own "claims dispute resolution" department or claim directly against AAMI. Why should I have to do that? Even my repairer was surprised.

I never drive the Getz, but I can now assume that if my wife drove herself and me to say the railway station and was was to drive the car back home again, I am not insured at all.

I can only assume then that Budget Direct will use anything they can to prevent themselves having cover fault and not at fault claims.

Budget Love, Budget Drirect... (No love here that's for sure).

I will never take any type of insurance at all with Budget Direct ever again.