12-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_1 View Post
Well since the bmw maintenance program doesn't apply while I'm here I would imagine the warranty doesn't either. Besides, I was pretty much told I could spend any more money on the car until we go back to,the states. The boss is pretty pissed off about me "modifying" my brand new car. So anyways I hope these go to a good home. Maybe once I'm back in the USA I can get with the mods. I'm still putting the exhaust on the car though since I already spent the money.
The "Boss" didn't look that unhappy when you picked up my old 135i exhaust the other day! Maybe she was just hiding her feelings.

I really would not worry too much about mods over here. Most dealers are quite cool with it. AND even IF they do void your warranty... once you go back to the states and register your VIN(and warranty) with BMW NA, you are starting out fresh again.

Basically we have a two year unlimited mile warranty while over here in Germany with a US Spec car. Our car's VIN is enrolled into BMW DE and we can also use the BMW Assist program IF we need to - free of charge. We do not get free services/maintenance while over here. But when the car enters the USA we have what is remaining of the BMW NA factory warranty and free service plan. 4 years or 50K miles - free services and wear and tear items(except for tires).

Dack
Appreciate 0