04-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #50
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Kori, josh is correct.. there is plenty of room to bend out a little more then where it naturally sits.. I did check though lock-to-lock when bent out and may rub the control arm / thrust arm, but that was at full extension full lock.. so i say there may be more room..

ill take a measurment or pic and post it up later

EDIT !! i just went out and measured..the plate starts narrow at the bottom and gets wider as it gets to the top..its at least an inch at the bottom and shy of 2 inches at the top.. i have pics but cant download from here.. ill do it tomorrow.
Kori.. here are the pics as promised

Here is a pick with the wheel turned all the way out to the left.. i just stuck my iphone in the wheel well and went as low and as far as possible with the flash.. this shows the open entry that airflow will have once collected by the scoop in the plate. note the direct shot into the center of the rotor / hub area.
Name:  BACKING PLATE 043.jpg
Views: 1523
Size:  27.0 KB

same angle of attack but i stuck a 6 inch scale in there for reference. thats about an inch at the bottom
Name:  BACKING PLATE 051.jpg
Views: 1778
Size:  42.8 KB

a little better shot
Name:  BACKING PLATE 053.jpg
Views: 1493
Size:  20.1 KB

i think i stated before, that the plate can be bent out a little farther.. this is with the plate in its natural position. the limit is the bottom halfo of the scoop as it may rub the control arm