07-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #282
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Mine cracked and chipped with stock pads, and powderized with Hawk pads. the issue is design and heat related. I think Scott was able to minimize the issue using a variety of things, including certain pads, custom brake ducting/cooling, and replacement pistons.

I posted information regarding the replacement piston info in a separate thread.
Larryn, i installed stop tech aluminum pistons on my stock front calipers last weekend. It took me about 3 hours to do it but only because it was the first time for me to do such a job. Its an easy job really. But now i have an issue with my brakes. The brake pedal travel is noticeably longer than before and it feels soft. I flushed my system with SRF fluid about two month ago and had no issue at all on the track. Of course i bled all 4 corners with power bleeder using almost 1 liter of SRF fluid after caliper rebuild. Do you think there is still some air in the system or is it somehow related to new pistons? All pistons with new pressure seals and dust boots fit perfectly and the quality appeared to be top notch. I reinstalled the same pads (dtc70) that have two track days on them.

Last edited by Groundpilot; 07-14-2011 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 0