View Single Post
      10-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #33
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
Still waiting on the official report from the dealership, but my problem, as I mentioned in my post the other day, was that I would sometimes press the gas and nothing would happen - as if I were not pressing the pedal.
That doesn't indicate much in the way of water pump failure, but other members in my post said they had the same issue just before their water pump failed.
It was getting worse on my commute today then I got the yellow Engine Hot caution followed shortly thereafter (maybe 20-30 seconds) by the red Engine Overheating warning and limp mode.
I pulled into a parking lot and shut it off, let it cool for about 45 min, then restarted and the caution was gone. I cautiously drove it to my dealership who is close (I'm still under CPO warranty - turning out to be a fantastic investment that I would recommend to anyone). So maybe mine hasn't COMPLETELY failed yet, but it's taking its last breaths.

Also oddly my engine oil temp has been running lower than normal the last few days. I would expect it to go up if the cooling system was failing to properly cool the engine.
If the water pump is going, usually the rad fan starts running at full speed all the time. Could be keeping the oil cooler?!?
Appreciate 1
mackeroni326.50