02-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #46
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Thx for the much encouraging update, PainKillaMaan. Good to hear pricing may be decent, as well as the upgradability feature.

Quick question for the Ohlins folks - in their view, how many miles can you log in before they need to be rebuilt (granted a lot will depend on track/road usage)? For reference, for the Ohlins MotorSport Kit I have on my other car (sold through STaSIS), Ohlins recommends that they be rebuilt every 2yrs/12k (at an approximate cost of $400 for a complete rebuild, not factoring shop charges and shipping both ways). That may be a bit aggressive as far as timeframe as most people go well into 30K+ miles before a rebuilt becomes necessary. The suspension is so great that I just consider that the price to 'pay to play'. Would be useful to know what they think about this kit.
That's a GREAT question. First off, these kits are made to require less maintenance vs. the TTX series. I don't know the exact miles, but I think you will be pleased by getting more than you described. I will talk with them again soon and get a more specific number for you. I'm pretty sure that you won't need to pay $400 for a complete rebuild either. If anything, like with all other shocks of this type, you'll want to change out the oil and service them, but it should be at more acceptable intervals with this kit. I think that's another reason their excited about it...is because it fits exactly what we're all looking for...performance...but streetable. They already have the TTX for the high end performance folks (who want to pay for rebuilds annually etc). These are supposed to be great performance, but for folks like us...

I'll find out more when I talk with Jeff.
Appreciate 0