03-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
wildcat767676
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bs View Post
I have the Cross setup and it is very firm, even with non-RFTs. One of the reasons I chose them is that they use a linear rate spring. That offers smooth road handling advantages, but there is a ride penalty.

What wheels/tires are you running? The Cross struts take up about 5mm of clearance on the inside up front, which could be a problem if you are running a wide tire/wheel with high offset. I'm running 225 Hankook V12s on stock wheels, and there is just about zero clearance inside. With 2 degrees of camber, there's at least an inch on the outside.
So, probably not the most enjoyable ride for commuting then? Would you but them again next time?

I'm running VMR 710's. 18" with a super agressive offset. They tend to rub where the fenders meet the bumpers during fast dips in the road. The front tire is a 235/40/18 Contisport.

2008 135i AT, iDriveNAV, Remus quad exhaust, A.P. DP/MP/IC, Custom Oil Cooler, BMS JB4/Meth/DCI, JIC Cross Coilovers/Camber Plates/STB, BMWP rotors, EBC Track pads, Motul Fluid, CF Hood, BMWP Kidneys, black painted roof/mirrors, BMWP CF rear spoiler, Roof Spoiler. VMR V710 18" Wheels.
Appreciate 0