View Single Post
      06-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #98
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
the ride height was an issue...i don't really care if you believe me or not, but i was going to wait until it got sorted out before i report back (in detail) on the thread.

ohlins wanted to lower the ride height, but it ended up being too drastic with the parts that were ordered. the best that they could do was get it back within -2" of stock. if they adjusted it any more it would have impacts to the spring rates (well, there would be an awesome "klunk" rather on extreme bumps), so they needed to order different springs as well. i never said what needed to be ordered from sweden or ground control...i just said that things needed to be ordered from both (never said anything about the camber plates).

i'm assuming that since you resell the PSI kits, you could just get updates from them (Ohlins talks very highly of them). i'd do that rather than coming at the "consumer" so hard for information. that way you'll be better informed, with more detailed information. you're just using this thread to sell other products anyway and i've noticed it in several other threads as well. you're coming off a little trolly (to me). this is the last post where i'll address this to you directly, because it's really detracting from my intention for this thread.
The intention of this thread is to inform the community on the R&D process of the Ohlins coilovers for the 1M/M3, it is to everyone's interest to know all the details, including how Ground Control comes into the mix and why the correct ride height can not be achieved. -2" seem to bit much and spring noise is not usually associated with the amount of drop, but rather another issue altogether. Furthermore, raising the ride height will not change spring rates, unless Ohlins is using some sort of a progressive rate springs(assist and main spring perhaps?). The "Klunk" is also interesting as the vehicle ride height is raised on the current spring setup, details should be posted.

PSI is simply a distributor for Ohlins and do carry their own brand of coilovers as well. My discussion here is still on the Ohlins kit and not anything from PSI.

P.S. In one of your posts you had Ground Control camber plates mounted on an Ohlin's strut. If you have a noise or clunk, isn't a component of the camber plate you are going after to eliminate the noise or solve a problem you may be having?

Last edited by HP Autosport; 06-26-2012 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0