View Single Post
      06-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Guys, there are a lot of people like me who are hesitant about the catless downpipes despite the fact that they should be giving best power gains, sound and especially response compared to other sections. This is not only because they will give you codes that need to erased, related warranty issue etc. but also they may give us other headaches (gas smell maybe?). But the biggest hesitance comes from the mid pipe option; I think lots of 1M owners think about an upgrade to a better exhaust but then ask themselves if a full system with aftermarket dps would be too much (too much install work, code trouble, smell, loudness etc.). So the question I am asking is does it really worth the trouble or a good rear muffler plus catless mids would be close enough in terms of response, feel, sound and power. Especially in comparison to dp + muffler set up like Evolve offers? In short, what is the way to go with optimum result and minimum trouble and why? Catless dp + oem mids + new muffler or oem dps + catless mids + new muffler. Or yet another option: catless dps + catless mids but oem muffler? Can people with first hand experience share their thoughts about this?
For the best power output and less strain on the turbos, especially with stage 2 software flashes, catless DP's are part of the hardware requirements to make the desired power.

If the ultimate power is not your goal, stock DP's with intake, FMIC, cat back exhaust and stage 1 tune may be good enough for you.
Appreciate 0