View Single Post
      04-01-2015, 03:19 AM   #5
lainmike0710
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '10 e82 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
No special tools needed... Here is what DriveHard showed us how to calibrate the SZL sensor...

Post #7
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504482

HOPE YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU G BACK..

sit in car,
start engine,
have steering wheel in straight ahead position
without pausing, turn wheel slowly all the way to the left and pause at the end for a second or 2
without passing, turn all the way to the right and pause at the end for a second or 2
repeat the last 2 steps and end in the straight ahead position.

turn off car, wait a minute, restart, and drive away for a few hundred feet.

you just calibrated your SZL ( steering wheel sensor to tell dsc if wheel is turned and to what degree)

other lights come on by default.

Good Luck...

UHHHH, had so much hope for this simple fix. Not sure if I'm not going slow enough but the lights continue to come on. They go off every time I restart the car and drive a few feet and then again, back on at complete random. It is definitely something with the steering, it has to be. Another mentioned it might be a good idea to get an alignment as a similar issue they were having was solved by getting this done, but my car seems to be in perfect alignment. I've had one done twice in 2 years both times I got new tires BUT this issue did happen after an accident with damage to the left front. No wheel/axle damage but who knows, maybe something was knocked loose or the BMW tech programmed something incorrectly when doing his thing with the new air bag or headlight. I guess we shall see....more tricks are welcome!