07-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
jvb6806
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [10.00]
it has a set of P-Zero run flats on it. i ordered a set of O.Z. Ultraleggera's today and 225 RS3's to go with them. they should be in on tuesday.

if i run those i will register as STX instead of DS. the staggered wheels make it tough to find a good set of stock size light wheels. i doubt anyone will care, but i don't wait to raise any eyebrows on track.

the specs say the car is 3200lbs so i do think that is a few lbs lighter than the 135, but coming from the evo i am sure i will have the front end plowing around every corner

my buddy that was driving the black STR s2000, if you remember that car from the last event at the sears centre, will be codriving with me. he has much more experience with lower HP RWD that i do so together i think the three of us should be able to figure this thing out.

i had trouble finding a 128 with a 6 speed within 500 miles of here so the one i picked up is optioned oddly. it has some things that make me think it has the sport and cold weather package, but i think they were all added individually.

the BMW thing is new to me, and i will be the first to admit i know very little about the option packages and what they include.

my EVO was stolen so i was kindof in a time crunch to find a car. this one drove nicely and the price was right, so i pulled the trigger.

from what i understand an LSD is a must, did you put a quaife in yours?

there is no way i will get this car built for a class this year, i just finished getting the EVO BSP preped this year. i figured for the rest of this season i will get used to the car and maybe throw an e93 front sway bar on it. next year i i will probably throw some race tires on the stockers and run DS. i think dollars for grins those hankook z214's in DS look better than dumping a ton of money into my daily to build a competitive STX car.

but who knows, i have only had the car for a week.

Last edited by jvb6806; 07-07-2011 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 0