houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
Could you make a 3/4/5th gear pull and show iat? It gives a better view on iat rise then a single 3rd gear pull.
That’s a little too ballsy for my blood on public roads! Lol. I will try to, or possibly a 2/3/4 pull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUN3D View Post
houtan > Nice wright up. I've been interested in getting a "no-cut" FMIC for a while. Which two clips are you referring to in terms of the fan/shroud. I'm pretty familiar with the fan/shroud so just curious. The two clips I know of, are on the inside of the shroud (middle of the unit), which come up. In other words, the fan doesn't go down any further, but you can pull it upwards and out.

Appreciate the input.
Thanks! I found this pic from an old thread for a different intercooler that does a good job showing one of the clips. Looking from underneath the car, the clips are on the left and right side of the intercooler. If you squeeze on the tab where the arrow is pointing to, the clip will release. It comes out by pulling straight down. After removing both, the whole radiator/fan assembly will drop down an inch or so making it easier to slip the intercooler in. once the intercooler is in, install the screws to hold the intercooler in place, then push up on the bottom of the intercooler and everything will move up. While pushing up, reinstall the clips. Also, pushing up on the radiator when removing the clips makes it easier to un-snap the clips before removing them.

One other thing to keep in mind is some 1 series owners needed to shave down the mount for the outdoor temp sensor. Would be easy to do with a dremel, but I didn’t need to shave it down. I will upload a pic as soon as I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management View Post
Thanks for the review Houtan and glad you are enjoying the Intercooler, we are currently vendors on f30post and are in process of joining e90 and 1addicts. We will be starting a group buy shortly at the lowest price point mentioned above,($679+shipping for 07-08 and $724+shipping for 09+ due to j-pipe)and by all means try to do a 3-4-5 gear run!
We do have about 20 units in stock just need the final finish applied, so only a small wait to ship!

***moderator please PM me so we can get setup for this forum***
No problem. Thanks for the solid product.
Appreciate 0