View Single Post
      07-17-2008, 03:08 AM   #15
aedeau
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: VE Clubsport R8 LS3 6.2Ltr

The Bridgestone shop told me that they will lose their RunFlat certification if they are reported or found to be repairing them. SO that tells me that, yes they can repair them, but don't want to because of that.

I ended up taking my car into the dealer as I had to pickup my BMW M jacket free of course... (pics to come), and got them to pump up the tyres while i was there. They said the rear left was 5psi down, which seemed to have triggered the runflat warning.

I also asked about fitting 255s on the rear and they BMW service guy advised against that as he'd seen a similar thing on a Z4 where they replaced a 235 with a 265 tyre and the wheel cracked. He said it had something to do with the sidewall, and if i wanted to do it, i should go non-runflat.

I actually like the RE050 runflats and just wanted to go up a size, but i'm not sure now..

I've already booked to have the new tyre fitted tomorrow, so i'm just gonna have to get ripped off with the $700 pricetag. Anybody got some Aussie prices on this tyre? I've tried to call around, but everywhere is closed atm. I think becasue i drove in, they could smell the desperation and marked up a bit
Appreciate 0