View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #43
atterbud
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

I am new to the forum and am very impatiently awaiting the arrival of my 2013 135is. This really is a fantastic resource and I’d like to thank the many members who contribute here.

I have read as many of the M3 suspension threads as I can and feel that I have a reasonable understanding of what people are changing and why. However, comparing the RealOEM diagrams of the rear suspension from both the 1-series and the M3, I see an additional link that looks like it may give some benefit but that no-one seems to mention. On the 1-series the “Track strut with rubber mount” part# 33326763471 looks like it could be replaced by the M3 “Steering arm with ball joint” part# 33322283549. In very simplistic terms, I would have thought that the link with a ball joint from the M3 may give some advantage over the one with rubber mounts from the 1er.

I am certain that others must have looked at this, so could anyone let me know if this has been tried, if it will fit and/or if it would have any value as an additional modification.

Thanks very much for your help.
Appreciate 0