View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #306
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeslee View Post
Ya, thanks for the catch. I always forget which one is which. They couldn't just make it easy and call it light or dark grey.

Still haven't reached the break-in period. I've been good and not opened the taps all the way yet. My right foot is getting itchy! Looking forward to hearing/feeling it at full throttle. I occasionally watch the video myself when at work to break up the day.

Some tint would be nice, not sure if I'll end up having it done or not. I've seen too many bad tint jobs, not sure if I trust anyone to do it right. Otherwise leaving it stock. I've had other cars in the past (Honda's, Subie, Mini) which I went overboard and blew a huge amount of money on mods so much I could have probably bought a fast BMW had I just saved and waited. It was fun but my modding days are over.
I think people on here still debate the concept of the break-in period. I always abide by it and take it easy, others say drive it like hell in the beginning.

As for the tint, I don't really trust anybody either, so on my current car, I drove an hour out of my way for a place that came highly recommended that I did trust since they had special computers with all the windows for cars pre-programmed in that cut the film perfectly to spec. I'll probably put a light tint, nothing too dark, somewhere between 35% (darkest I'd go) and maybe 50% (lightest I'd go). That's why it'd be good to use your car as a guinea pig for me on how dark to go if you do it. hehe.

I just know from past experience with my old 135, that it was a night and day difference in look with the tint, so is the first and probably only mod I will do.

Do you think the tailpipes stick out too far though? Some have thought so and with the carbon fiber rear diffusers it supposedly seems better suited for the performance exhaust. Hard to know though til you've lived with the car for a bit, so curious what you think.

Jealous...
Appreciate 0