View Single Post
      05-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

+1 to what ESC OFF said.

I'm somewhat ashamed to report I finally got my summer tires mounted today, which is at least a month late for Minnesota, especially considering the mild winter this year. I missed the 18" APEX ARC-8 group buy in February and was in a state of indecision about whether to remount the summer PS2s on the stock wheels or hope another 18" ARC-8 group buy would come along soon, which I planned to pair with PSS tires. Alas, no group buy, so I gave up and put the PS2s back on the stock wheels.

**Murphy's Law alert: Tomorrow an ARC-8 group buy will open and it will snow in Minnesota. **

We did European Delivery in late October 2011 and put 831 miles on the 1M on the summer tires. Then we did Performance Center Delivery in December and drove 15 miles from the Performance Center straight to Tire Exchange in Mauldin, SC to have winter tires installed for the drive home. So of the 5,300 miles on my 1M, all but 846 have been on Blizzaks.

Today I drove the 1M in the U.S. for the first time on summer tires.

All I can say is it was almost--almost--like being back in Germany with the 1M. Which is to say, pretty amazing. I love this car.
Appreciate 0