05-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Congratulations! It was a mild winter..... I bet those blizzaks are done for.
Must feel great to not run around on rocks for tires lol. When you did the tire swap... Did you ship your OEM tires home or did they fit in the car?

Ready for that Arc-8 group by myself..
The four OEM tires fit easily, width-wise, on the back seat (i.e. lined up like a roll of Life Savers candies across the back seat, "rolling" in the same direction as the tires on the car). I did have to move the front seats a little forward and / or the seatbacks a little more upright than what I like. It wasn't much, though.

You can also fold the back seat down and put the tires in the same position described above, except instead of putting the tires on the back seat, you put them on the folded down back seat. That's how I transported the tires home from PCD. I had to adjust the front seats some then, too. Not a big deal, even for the 1,300 mile (2,100 km) trip home. For reference, I'm 5'10" (1.78 m). Taller people might be less comfortable.

I don't remember which was was better -- on the seat or with the seat folded flat. I think it might be slightly better to fold the seat down flat. Either way works fine, though. In both cases the tire shop put the tires in large plastic bags for me. And when I put the tires directly on the back seat, I put a bedsheet down to protect the leather.

Some good info in this thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606691

P.S. I wanted to say thanks to you and all the others on this forum who were so active and helpful with the "available allocations" thread. I would have never found my 1M without this forum (and that thread, specifically). Those were exciting times, though my employer would probably disagree...
Appreciate 0