View Single Post
      05-10-2019, 08:22 PM   #70
CivicDuty
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

@1and1 OneWhite35 Matticus91

Ok, finally did something. So since I'm the best person to sell myself on an idea I decided, why pay $200 for a DME update when for just $1k more you can get a Dinan S2 flash! LOL

Went to the dealer today, didn't tell them anything about the 2E0F code and got them to flash it with the Dinan S2 program. I figured since the flash requires a DME update anyway I just might get lucky! So knock on wood....the car is fantastic! Throttle response is snappy and I mean instant...heel and toe downshifts are beautiful!!! Not to mention the extra kick in the butt-dyno.

Dealer didn't mention anything about any permanent codes and so far I'm a happy camper. Again, my only code was 2E0F with periodic cold start stumble, no other issues.

Yes there are many perfectly reasonable opinions about which tune to go with and I don't fault anyone for their choice. For me, my car is a 2012 that would require a bench flash to go MHD, JB4 seems to good but I'd prefer not to have a piggy back system, COBB doesn't support my 2012 so I was left with one, dealer supported flash. Not the top in HP but good enough for me!

Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 1
1and11861.00