View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
sonicbimmer19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 and F32

When I bought my car, against my friend's suggestion, I took my car to Shelly BMW (same owner as Irvine BMW) because it is close to my house.
Terrible service, I had about 3-4 things I wanted to at least ask and she tried to stop me from telling her the list so I had to like fight to tell her my problems and she told me none were going to be fixed under warranty. One of them was the very common peeling steering wheel trim. She told me, "we used to fix them under warranty, but not anymore" what the heck does that mean? it should be fixed under warranty but not anymore? what?
And I never even got to the 3-4 (can't remember exactly) things as she just tried to close my file as soon as possible.
And I made an appointment WITH a loaner, and she fully knew that but she steered me to wait in the lobby by saying "you're going to wait here, right? " they did not even have any loaners and I probably would've gotten a truck from Hertz. So I waited... got the car back. As soon as I got home, I got a "check engine" light on. I called her back the day after and she said it wasn't their fault.
Took my car to South Bay BMW and they fixed ALL 3-4 problems under warranty and gave me a BMW loaner for about a week.

South Bay BMW is about an hour away but they are the biggest dealership in LA and they seem most professional. Always have enough BMW/Mini loaners and they fix any reasonable stuff under warranty for you.
Thus far, they've fixed everything for me without a question and I'm a detail prick that notices everything.

Don't change dealerships too often based on one or two experiences.. Crevier BMW is probably the dealership I'd pick if there was no South Bay BMW.

Last edited by sonicbimmer19; 09-13-2012 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0