First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 MT E82

Garage List
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanapoli806 View Post
I would not cut the meistershaft mids those are very expensive and well built. Only way honestly your going to get a diff sound is removing the cats or getting an n55 mid pipe that has one resonator at the bottom and cutting that off and weld on a y pipe. Switching axleback won't do anything
That is not a bad point, my car is actually an n55 so I still have the stock n55 that I removed that I could use to cut and weld on a y pipe. I would probably be better off selling the meistershaft, which is unfortunate because I recently bought it from another forum member. I read that it was significantly louder than stock but I think they were comparing it to n54 mids.

The only thing I'll miss is that I seem to have gotten a mid range HP/tq bump from the meisterschaft. At first I thought I was imagining it, but it definitely seems stronger past 3500 than with the stock mids.