Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
FWIW- I had them send me the maintenance history, which, err, had the original owner's address on them. Google earth suggested he had a nice house with a multi-car garage not down a dirt road. #thethingswedoforour1m
I was wondering how you figured out the owner....

You're like my wife- she is basically a professional E-Stalker. You can find out SO much with just a few minutes and a computer.

I've thought about this car and I just can't get past the dirtiness. I'm gonna keep waiting for something else to come along. I need it to be perfect, but also not cost $60k.
I hear you- but it's a shame, really. You can buy a new steering wheel and shift knob for a ~450 and get a proper detail for $500. Why Moss won't make that investment, take proper photos and ask a bunch more is beyond me (and I told them as much).

As long as it's mechanically sound (all service was done, never saw water, etc.) and not driven too hard (I couldn't find any record of the prior owner having been a member of BMW CCA, having taken the car to NOLA or any brake services)... then what you're likely looking at is a neglected (but not abused) lease turn in.
Appreciate 0