Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom View Post
CSurf, thats good info. Funny how the tiny seeds of doubt grow from seeing pictures like that. The smallest things turn into the largest mental images of buyersespecially at these prices. I'm the worst falling into that trap. It's probably worth a trip to investigate. Be great if someone was local and could check it out. The house would make me feel better about it, even from a perception standpoint. My thought is someone bought it and just drove it without worrying about much, parked it outside every day and just lived with it. Probably wasn't a obsessive owner or a "car person" If it could be grabbed for 53-55 or so might be worth it. Nice sleuthing!
Its already listed at 49k. If someone local there wants to take a look at it in person, I'd be willing to repay somehow- maybe a six-pack of something nice via me paypalling you $20 or something?
They'll take 48k. My guess is they own it cheap- speaks to the prior owner's lack of awareness. I was very close before lifting jalucianil 's 1M (I was willing to pay a lot more for lower miles).

Moss was OK with me hiring a third party to inspect it. You should consider doing the same. My biggest fear was water (not dirt). Again, that area saw a ton of flooding in 2012-13. That said, it's highly unlikely there's water damage and if it did (and you discovered it quickly), you'd likely have recourse to the dealer. Would be odd for the first owner to go to great lengths to hide water damage, yet turn it in, in a state that would likely raise suspicion.

IMHO- I'd push them to CPO (not extended warranty) it. It'd run you $3k-ish, but they'd never be able to if it there was something majorly suspect about it.
Appreciate 0