View Single Post
      12-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #131
richmondmike
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Black Coupe Loaded

Thank you! I installed my black grills (a Christmas gift) this morning in about 20 min with a long flat screwdriver. The only thing I'll point out that was a bit vague for my limited mind:

"With the lower clips undocked, you can begin working on the upper clips. In order to access the clips, you want to pull up on the bumper trim and if you look in from the engine compartment, you will see the three clips. Use a flat blade screwdriver or the pointed end of the pick to push the clips down."

What I found is that you just have to pull up the upper trim piece a lot - like, more than you think at first - but there is enough play that it gives JUST enough that you can squeak in a screw driver and push down on the clips. Then the grills pop right out. No need to deal with the side clips.

I did it all without harming anything. And I actually found the bottom clips came up easily with a large screw driver - just slide the flat head in next to the tab and very carefully turn it clockwise, it frees the tab enough and the bottom slides out.

And you all know BMW sells the pair of all black grills for $84, minus the BMWCCA discount. Pretty rad deal and they're OEM.

Merry Christmas,

m
Appreciate 0