05-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
Well, no controlled testing from me but flying by numerous laser traps proves to me that it works. My area, they only laser you from the front though and to be honest, we don't have the traffic of larger US cities so I don't think our LEOs have the newest and best.

I remember my last incident was when I was ripping down a primary highway at above average speeds *ahem* and had 4-5 other cars following me. I came to the crest of a hill, my V1 and LI went nuts, I slammed on the brakes, shut off the LI and cruised by one officer parked partly in a ditch hitting cars with laser and then further down the road a bunch of other officers waiting to pull people over. I think I saved myself and those other cars a few hundred dollars each.

It doesn't really guarantee you a non ticket but used properly I've had much luck.
That is basically the reason I want to get one now. The way I got my ticket was that the officer was facing in the other direction and hitting those cars from the front but the direction I was going he was hitting people in the rear. He said he heard me coming before seeing me due to my exhaust and then hit me in the rear. If I would have had this I could have slowed down using my E brake/taking it off the gas so the lights wouldn't go on and then turn off the laser jammer and bam I wouldn't have had a ticket.

I had a good question asked on my E90post group buy thread so I figure I will post it here as well with the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
how does it work with your existing detectors? does it work with a solo s2?

also when would we get these in?
Got a response:

"The LI is a separate and autonomous device. The LI detects and JAMS LIDAR whilst Radar Detectors detect RADAR. They work side by side with on another!

They ship immediately once we receiver payment."
Appreciate 0