ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notion-Za View Post
1200 mile service is diff oil change.

I paid for an engone oil change as well. They just wanted to top up the oil.
That must be a BMW South Africa thing that most of just learned thanks to your post. You should definitely get a full engine oil and filter change (not just top up) at 1200 miles (very probably and preferably a manual transmission fluid change as well since BMW AG suggests this too and most of the globe follows this recomendation, NA being a major exception). Did you check what is written in your car's manual, section maintenance, before taking the car to dealer for 1200 miles service? Mine says it clearly plus I got a confirmation e-mail directy from Munich BMW aftersale technical department which finally convinced my stubborn, totally ignorant (and beautifully indifferent) dealer here in Santiago, Chile. I would be surprised that SA manual states just the diff oil change at 1200 miles. My money goes to, you got a bad service station, which makes you a proud member of a large club of BMW 1M owners!
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0