Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 LeMans 135i

Garage List
2010 135i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N55_BBM View Post
Went into the city to help my brother move in. Parked on East 65th street at a reasonable distance from the hydrant. I was 10 feet away (over a car's length), as was the car on the other side of the hydrant. Let's be serious, the 15 feet law really doesn't happen in NYC...

I got a ticket time stamped a half hour after I parked for $115 (WTF?!?!). Then I got a second one 19 hours later before I could even get to my car for the same exact thing at the same exact place, another $115. I mean what the hell there has to be something illegal with this. Everywhere else you're not allowed to be ticketed for the same violation at the same place twice in under 24h.. Or else in theory a cop could just stand right there and issue me tickets every 5 minutes under this reasoning...

I took pictures, sent in an appeal, told them how I got 2 tickets before I could even get to the car and it got denied.

WTF thinking of just not paying it and to hell with it. I was driving a rental by the way.. think it'll eventually catch up with me? I'm gonna be moving out of the country soon...
NYPD is pretty serious about enforcing the hydrant laws. It is never worth parking near a hydrant even if you are close to the 15ft mark.

The only way to really deal with those tickets is to go to the DMV the day of the offense and you get to pay a little less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruck View Post
Just an FYI to you guys - if you get a legit violation that you're about to pay in full just to be done with it - always click "dispute this violation" first - it will then attempt to auto-settle with you for 60% of the original fine if you agree not to dispute. This is an awesome way to save 40% on all NYC parking tickets.
When was the last time you tried that? For the last two years, they haven't been budging at all with the fines whenever I've gotten parking tickets.

E82 Gone. 2013 JKUR on order
Appreciate 0