View Single Post
      10-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #52
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
If I take a carpenter's level and get it vertical against the tire, just far enough from the contact patch so that the tire is not squishing out at the bottom then then near the top of the tire it will be .5" leaning in towards the car's center over a 21 inch space. That slope is .0238. The tangent of 1.35 degrees happens to be about the same, so I think the camber is 1.35 degrees negative.

Now perhaps I am doing that completely wrong, so enlighten me. What I don't understand around here is a lot of forum members keep the three size differential between front and rear when the first thing I always thought was a cure for under steer was larger front tires. Some of the AC guys go square which should help things a lot. I get the impression that over steer might help a lot more on and AC course than a road course.
You need to measure at the rim rather than the tire. As for why we dont run square set-ups, some do, however in autox I cant fit larger than 225s up front due to wheel width restrictions in my class. I could lower the rear tire width but in a tight autox course I need all the traction I can get. The car can still be coerced into oversteer when it's needed but I actually haven't had many problems with understeer.
Appreciate 0