First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
2013 Mini Cooper S  [0.00]
2002 Acura RSX  [0.00]
Diver, you are spot on that the best way to alleviate understeer on this car would be increasing front tire size and leaving the rear alone. The main reason you don't see that often here is in the extreme performance category there are little to no options with a 245 rear. Going square is an option, but at that point you are choosing handling balance over total grip, which in theory should make you slower, not faster (all things being equal).

As for the camber measure, put it on a Hunter alignment and see what it spits out if you want to be sure. DIYing it typically has a margin of error of +/- 0.5 degrees, which is probably not the level of confidence you want when measuring something that should fall within a 1 degree range.

And yes, as much as I wish people would be more diligent about posting lap times, etc... the reality is there are way too many variables in play to make any of that statistically reliable. Bottom line: come to forums for ideas and lots of anecdotal evidence, but only rely on your own testing for the truth.