Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02rsxpilot View Post
Sorry for the confusion.
I have occasionally driven my 135i fast enough to where under steer just barely becomes noticeable in the form of a bit of noise from the front tires. With the new tires that has gone away and noise is is from the rear tires, at a higher speed. This is not the limit of adhesion, but it is close enough that the change was evident.

Some FWD rental cars I have driven on twisty European roads experienced extreme under steer at relatively low speeds. The worst was a VW mini van. The diesel Golf I had last month was a lot better.

People buy cars because of what they are capable of on the track and never track their cars. 45% of 2014 Stingrays were delivered with Z51, and I doubt that more than a quarter of those will ever see the track. A good many of those Z51 Stingrays had the slow shifting 6-Speed auto.

Cars get lowered and have large diameter wheels installed for looks most of the time. These mods may or may not improve track performance.

One of my motivations for going up a tire size in the front is the 215's just felt too damn small.