View Single Post
      01-26-2009, 06:50 AM   #15
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak View Post
maybe you can get just the clear plastic piece from bmw and not the whole assemble idk if the light comes apart thought.
Uh, no.... There is no ability to take the unit apart. There is no clear plastic 'piece' avaialable. It is a sealed unit. Read the many previous posts.

There are two light assemblies available. One for North America, where the regulations require Amber reflectors. Another one for Europe and rest of world (available in LHD and RHD versions), where clear reflectors are standard. The European ones are about $1,200 each. They are legal as a substitution in Canada but not the USA.

There have been many, many people who have suggested that they can break apart, remove, or melt the amber reflectors - but I have not read where anyone has actually done this on a 1 series yet.

The only option would be to use the covers - which most people don't like - or to buy some Euro headlights - as a couple of people have done.

Personally - I like the Amber, especially on a dark colored car. I think a lot of other peole do as well, but are staying silent on the matter so as not to feel the peer group pressure. Each to their own.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0