BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Except for the just released new Vishnu meth system, all other N54 meth systems completely run the meth themselves (as in they have their own controller independant of the tune), and the tunes just respond to what the meth system is doing. So those systems do not shutoff the meth or control the meth in any way.... they just respond to the amount of meth flow in the tuning they provide to be more aggressive when you reach normal meth flow and less aggressive when meth is not flowing.

Therefore they are quite safe in that you should not get aggressive tuning when Meth is not flowing.... but they do not shut down the meth system when there is not flow. And generally the meth system is unaware of the lack of flow, so it will continue to run the pump dry. This is not ideal, but I am not aware of the long term effects on the pump.

The new Vishnu system is different to the above as the Procede is acting as the meth controller. The Procede actively controls the meth flow using internal 3D mapping. Therefore the Procede can shut the meth off in Valet mode and map 1 so you can turn the meth system off by just using the cruise stalk map switching. Also, the Procede intentionally reduces meth flow at low RPM in order to get a constant ratio of petrol to meth flow which benefits the DME fuel corrections and in reduction of meth usage.
Thanks Adrian, sounds similar to what the JB4 will do. Terry told me that they are working on a 'budget' meth kit which the JB4 will control.

So basically for the 2 tunes right now, if meth runs out, the tune will react accordingly and things won't go sour.
Appreciate 0