View Single Post
      08-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #110
Kaillen
Registered
Rep
Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla - Yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_2_B_P View Post
Has anyone toyed with the idea of a twin charger(1 turbo and 1 super charger) like the VW? I would love that.
I doubt you would need a supercharger on an N52 with a turbo, and it would be expensive to implement correctly. IMHO, you would be better off upgrading the engine itself in addition to an appropriately sized turbo; a mixture of NA and Turbo. In all but drag racing, you're not looking for an excessive amount of torque down low, however you are looking for a faster spin up and HP at higher revs.

Cover the basics first;turbo kit (gt30r or gt35r), exhaust and a standalone ECU. Twin turbo's are possible, and you would use two smaller turbos to achieve a faster spool up, but that could prove to be a pain through corners, and you've just vastly increased your cost.

Lightweight rods and pistons, stage 2 or 3 cams, titanium valves and retainers, upgraded springs and a lightweight flywheel and a stronger clutch would be your next step. This is all assuming that you are upgrading the tires, brakes, chassis and suspension to handle the increase in power appropriately.

This engine has top end power in mind, something that a single larger turbo works very well with. Also, considering that this engine could be modified to support 9k+ RPM, a large turbo will really be able to shine as you'll be shifting into turbo with each gear on the straights.

300whp Supercharged 128i, it will be fast, but don't expect to be able to use all the power it gives down low.
Appreciate 0