Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
All up to power

In my 6mt 135i I was at 6750rpm in 6th when I ran out of road.
WoW! That is pretty impressive. I've only seen 6,400 rpms (180 mph) in my 135i over here. 6750 (if you have a 6MT like me) is 192 mph. I have heard that a 1er can do this. But few really have gone that fast. Damm I am impressed!

The biggest problem with our e82's is that the hood starts to peel back at high speeds. It looks like hood lifts up at the front corners at about 140 mph and up. I have seen Nicks are when we have driven side by side... and you'd swear the hood was adjar/open. But it is not. Just the design of our 1er's. The second biggest problem is the short wheel base and the skippy ride at high speeds. THIS for me... is what took some time getting use too.

As far as the 1M goes... BMW says they have a speed limiter... but I would not be surprised IF it is set a little bit North of 155 mph. There is kind of a secret unspoken (speed)war going on over here. While publicly the all car manufactures (except Porsche - they do not have any speed limiters) agree to a 155 mph (250 kph)electronic speed limit... Audi has always said there RS models are limited to 280 kph. And on BMW //M models... you can pay a Zentrum over here ($$$$) to increase the 250 kph limiter up to 280 kph. On some //M models - over 300 kph on a stock motor is quite possible.

Dackel
Appreciate 0