View Single Post
      10-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

aFe Pro Dry S filter

I just ordered the aFe Pro Dry S drop in filter for my 1M. My car is mostly stock (totally stock enginewise) and I am hesitant about the usefulness of aftermarket intakes, especially so if you are with stock map. I read a lot about filters, intakes etc. and all I learned for sure is I still know nothing for sure!

So, staying with the stock intake but experimenting for a while with this (arguably good quality, better flow but still filters good and easy to clean) type of filter seemed to be the safer way to go. I won't hesitate to go back to stock filter if I suspect anything negative about it though.

Anyone (stock or tuned 1M or even other N54 engined car, all are much welcome to comment) has any experience with this filter? Mods including the aFe intake may be misleading so I appreciate mostly users whose cars are still with stock air box. Thanks.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0