View Single Post
      08-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Surferboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Texas Mile Beehive Texas

Well I just purchased my used 2008 135i MT. I have upgraded the car with the following parts.

ETS 7" FMIC, ER Chargepipe with TIAL BOV, CP-E catless downpipes, and axle back Berk street exhaust. I recently got Vishnu's OFT running stage 1 tune.

With the above mentioned I would like to take the car to the Oct Texas mile event were the goal is to reach a speed range from a standing start to speed within a mile. Being that it will be my first event I am limited to 165mph class A. Once I meet my 165 mph I can qualify then for the 185mph B class. And from there maybe one day the C 200 mph class. First things first.

Any idea if this 135 can hit 165 as is in a standing mile? I am doing this to have fun being its my first event and a good baseline. Are the some basic things I do to better prep the car for speeds over 150? Oh I got rid of the run flats....I am mostly concerned about lift at those speeds.

From what little math I have done it doesn't seem probable to hit 165 but I should be over 145-150 which would qualify be to go class B I believe.

If I can qualify in A class then I plan to go single for next years run (Vishnu single bottom mount twin scroll).

Any real world experience\advice on the subject would be great.

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0